Today the goelette is no longer with us but its mast can be found at the Jacques-Cartier Park. She was built, mostly, of white spruce by Mr. Harvey and Lajoie and launched in the fall of 1928 as a carrier of various materials and pulp wood. In 1930 she became the first ferry between the island and Saint-Joseph-de-la-Rive, running in the tourist season. Seven years later she again became the island ferry making the crossing, twice a day, in the morning and the evening during the summer. In winter, the tradition of crossing the river ice in small, strong canoes continued. This permitted the transport of both people and the mail.